Tuesday, December 23rd -- Magic Kingdom
Another fun day ahead! This was the day that I had waited for since June, when the reservations were made. Breakfast with the Princesses…in the Castle!
We woke the girls up early since we had to be there before 8:00. We got them dressed and then let them open their new princess dresses that I had brought for them. Then we told them where we were going. They were so excited! (And truth be known, Billie and I were pretty excited too!) JK was Sleeping Beauty, LB was Ariel, and AA was Snow White.
We arrived at MK and got into the line of people that were there for the breakfast. I have always wondered what the inside of the Castle looked like…and now I know! It was the coolest thing!
When we entered the Castle, we met Cinderella. Seeing the girls’ faces when they saw her was the best thing ever! They were in awe! Priceless! We were seen to the room where we would be eating and the girls were given a wand and a wishing star. They absolutely loved being called “Princess” by everyone!
The food was great, but that’s not why we were there…bring on the Princesses! And then they came…Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Belle and Jasmine. LB was upset that Ariel wasn’t there. Snow White told us that Ariel didn’t have her human legs that day, so she was over in her grotto, since she couldn’t swim to the breakfast. I think that made things okay. There were autographs and hugs and pictures and lots of smiles! Before Snow White left our table, she told AA to “watch out for red apples”…too cute and very in character!
After breakfast, we headed to meet Ariel…this was the moment that LB had been waiting for! She was so excited and a little star struck. Our visit with Ariel went off without a hitch and we went looking for the next thing to do. We saw Tigger and Pooh across from Ariel’s place, so we made that our next stop. The girls love those two characters, so we had to stop them from kissing and hugging them too much! Except AA…she wasn’t nuts about the costumed characters.
We rode the Winnie the Pooh ride (which replaced Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride) and it was a little creepy! A lot of the ride was in black light, and that includes the big Heffalumps and Woozles part…kinda weird! We just kept talking the girls, so that they wouldn’t get too freaked out.
We finally got LB and AA on a roller coaster. It was Goofy's Barnstormer and it was all of 30 seconds long. LB loved it and so did AA...Billie actually had to tell AA to scream! When the ride was over, she told Billie, "well, that was fun".
By this point, it was about an hour before the Christmas parade. We had missed it the other time we were in MK, so we didn’t want to miss it again. We found a spot and parked it on the curb an hour before parade time.
A cast member came out with a pile of hoola hoops and handed them out to kids so that they would have something to do while waiting for the parade to start. I loved watching my girls learn to hoola hoop in front of the Castle!
Then the parade started…it was amazing! My favorite part of the parade was when Ariel (a different one than we met) locked eyes with LB and smiled at her and blew her a kiss. LB said “she remembered me!”…that really did my heart good…after her disappointment at the breakfast.
My parents and sister and brother-in-law arrived shortly after the parade was over and we had lunch together in TomorrowLand and then hit the park again. Stood in line forever for the Peter Pan ride and when it was over, JK said, “we stood in that big honkin line for that short ride?”…so the ride wasn’t worth the time we spent waiting for it. Oh well…we headed over to ride the Jungle River Cruise and then hit the Magic Carpets of Aladdin.
Dinner was next, followed by a ride on Space Mountain for Billie, Shana, Warren, Jill and Dad. Mom sat with the girls while we had our thrill for the day. Then we made our way to Big Thunder Mountain. Dad, Billie and Warren rode first, followed by Jill, LB and myself. This was LB’s first “big” roller coaster. She loved it! Her little heart was beating so fast…but she’s our little daredevil…and I was so proud!
Before heading back to the resort, I snapped a quick picture of the Castle in all of its nighttime lit-up glory…so pretty! Another very full day!
Monday, January 12, 2009
Disney Day 4
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
love reviewing all the pics ofthe day...I need to put up the one of you andyour daddy..on the magic carpet ride!
I would lov to re-live that week again...just so we could do more!
Love momma
You all had more than a bucket full of fun! I'm so happy you got to take the girls to Disnsy World. I'm glad Cool Bill got to experience it as well. Shana, I think you simply has the best time ever. Just think... as the girls grow up you will have truck loads of fun! I love to see you and Bill enjoyiny life with your girls.
Buckets of Love,
Kathy
Post a Comment