My oldest baby is 7 today!
I can't believe it.
She's growing so fast. She's so smart, caring, kind to her sisters and loves to have the role of "little mommy". She's a big help and is doing little things that show us that she is maturing a little at a time.
We were so surprised to find out that we were expecting in May of 2001. It took a while for the shock to wear off, but then the excitement kicked in!
She arrived on Friday, December 28th, at 2:10 in the afternoon, after a relatively short labor.
When I first saw her face, I knew that I would give my life for this child. It was the most amazing moment in my 23 year old life. Billie and I were so young, and felt so ill-equipped to handle this new role that God had given us.
Wanna know a secret? (We still feel ill-equipped to handle this role...shhh...)
The Lord has guided us many times in the rearing of this wonderful 7 year old. Our parents have been amazing sources of advice and encouragement.
How blessed I am to be the mom of this amazing little person!
Happy birthday sweet girl!
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Happy Birthday JK!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy Birthday! I still remember your momma at Christy's wedding. Glowing and ready for you to pop out :)
Shana - the time has flown by!
happy bday sweet KK! You forever changed our hearts!
Cherish the person God is making her to be....store up all those memories and don't ever stop "pondering them" in your heart!
We love you all so very much, kisses and hugs...Momma and Dad (DeeDee and Sir)
Post a Comment