
We spent the day at the lake yesterday with the youth. No, we don't have a boat, and no, we don't have a jet ski. JennahKay rode with an older teenager about 5 times yesterday. Once with her daddy, once with another teenager behind her, once with a boy that is her age, and twice just her and the guy giving the jet ski rides. I guess she has a need for speed! Lorahbeth rode a couple of times but was more interested in jumping off of the dock and swimming. AudreyAnn rode once with her daddy and David (the owner of the jet ski) and cried during the first half of the run, but was smiling and waving by the time they got back.
When they weren't swimming or making runs on the jet ski, JennahKay and Lorahbeth could be found on either of the two boats that were pulling teenagers on tubes and waterskis. Most of the time they were without us, but I wasn't worried about them. They were with adults that I trust and the teens took good care of them.
My friend Leslie and I rode this:
The kids were shocked that "Miss Shana and Miss Murkerson" were going to go tubing. I'm not 30 yet, people!! We held on, despite numerous attempts to dump us...I had too much pride to let go! And we didn't ride the easy way...with our rears in the seats...we laid across the top. But let me tell you...I'm feeling it today in the worst way! The muscles that are hurting today have obviously been on a vacation!
It was a great day...we left at 7am and returned at 9pm. We were all exhausted and couldn't wait to hit the bed.
Looking forward to next year!
Saturday, July 26, 2008
The girls' new favorite toy...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment